Monday 16 May 2016

Ryabinskiy: Povetkin didn’t fail a doping test, Wilder-Povetkin is not cancelled but postponed

Alexander Povetkin promoter Andrey Ryabinskiy held a press conference on Monday in Moscow to address the current status of the troubled Wilder-Povetkin fight.
Andrey Ryabinskiy: “If we don’t come to an agreement about the fight with Wilder’s team, we are ready to meet them in court. The fight is not cancelled but postponed, we are discussing a new date. There are no legal barriers for the fight. The official Wilder-Povetkin fight status is “postponed.” Everything else is just thoughts of some persons…All claims against Povetkin are legally unsound. This is just an inflated press story.
“Povetkin didn’t fail a doping test. He has 15 times lower meldonium concentration than the limit established by WADA. Now we need to pass additional tests, then we will set a new date of the fight and do it.”
Alexander Povetkin: “I have nothing to fear, I am a clear fighter and I have not been taking meldonium since it was prohibited. I was perfectly ready for the fight and I am very upset with its postponement. I don’t want to say anything bad about Wilder and his team. Russian people

 WBC #1, IBF #5, WBA #6, WBO #7 super middleweight Callum Smith (19-0, 14 KOs) is back in action at Goodison Park in Liverpool on May 29. Smith is making a quick return after he landed the mandatory position in the WBC with a first round KO over European champion Hadillah Mohoumadi at the Echo Arena on April 2. “As soon as this event was announced it was one that I was desperate to be a part of it – everyone in Liverpool is buzzing about May 29,” said Smith. “I’m always in the gym and I don’t want to sit around and do nothing, I should be active at my age and at this stage of my career, and I want to keep winning and keep learning so I ready for that world title fight when it comes. don’t like such things.”
Image result for mayweather

No comments:

Post a Comment